How can I get a harmonic balancer off that's stuck bad
LS1 - Part 8: Harmonic Balancer Removal. Ok, this was a bit tricky. I also forgot to take some pics so I had to use some old pics, but hopefully you guys will get it. In order to remove the harmonic balancer, I had to remove this bolt: That bolt is on there so tight that you will need an air compressor and an air ratchet gun to get it off…... 20/12/2004 · Remove the bolt form the center (15/16"ths) and remove the washer and then put the bolt back in. Use the puller and try to hold the enigne still, it will try to spin, so leave it in gear. (park in an auto) Penetrating oil seems to help.
How to pull off stubborn harmonic balancer? Ford Ranger
weld a 100 foot chain evenly spaced onto the front of the damper pully. attach other end to a 1000 foot crane and begin hoisting it up into the air. at 500 feet drop the engine with the 100 foot chain attached so when the end of the chain comes it will jerk the pully off.... I tried this method but was unsuccessful in getting bolt to break loose, have rented the special tool from local chain auto parts store and successfully twisted ½ extension but bolt is still not loose.
Neiko 20720a Automotive Harmonic Balancer Puller Tool Set
20/09/2010 · I'm doing the harmonic balancer removal and hit a snag. The woodruff key in the crank is stuck and doesn't want to budge. Any tips on how to get it out without divine intervention? youtube how to see if someone liked their own comment The harmonic balancer is comprised of two separate pieces, the first is a mass which is bolted to the crankshaft and the second is the energy dissipating element which are separated by a rubber insulator. The rotating mass is designed to absorb vibration created from the crankshaft while the engine is in operation. Almost all engines are equipped with a harmonic balancer. Due to the stress and
2.8 litre 3l harmonic balancer Australian 4WD Action Forum
Second, remove the crankshaft drive pulley, I believe this is three 10mm bolts. Remove the large bolt in the center of the crankshaft and MAKE SURE the washer comes off with it. Now, use a harmonic balancer puller to remove the balancer. how to turn off chat on facebook messenger 2018 Pull the belts, remove the center retaining bolt then use a harmonic balancer puller to remove the pulley. Make sure you use a disk that will protect the threads …
How long can it take?
How Do You Take Off Harmonic Balance Pulley 2CarPros
- Anybody else have this problem Harmonic Balancer - Car
- How to Remove Harmonic Balancer on a 1994 Ford 5.8 Cars
- broke harmonic balancer DSMtuners
- HELP!! Remove Harmonic Balancer GBodyForum - '78-'88
How To Take Off Stuborn Harmonic Balancer
The harmonic balancer pulley, biggest challenge so far! When it was all said and done, it took 5 minutes to get it off. Unfortunately, for me – it took a grand total of several days.
- weld a 100 foot chain evenly spaced onto the front of the damper pully. attach other end to a 1000 foot crane and begin hoisting it up into the air. at 500 feet drop the engine with the 100 foot chain attached so when the end of the chain comes it will jerk the pully off.
- 14/02/2007 · to start wif take off da drive belt and now this is the dodgy but most effective way of crackin the bolt get a socket that fits the bolt think its like 22 or sumfin not sure get a big breaker bar rest the bar against the chassis rail and just flick the key do this a few times and that will crack the bolt carefull the bar doesnt fly off and wipe
- The harmonic balancer pulley, biggest challenge so far! When it was all said and done, it took 5 minutes to get it off. Unfortunately, for me – it took a grand total of several days.
- 13/02/2009 · Re: Easiest way to remove Harmonic Balancer? Getting the large bolt out of the crank isn't an easy task. I used a hell-for-stout puller to tug on the puller, pulling against the balancer.