How To REALLY Improvise Using The Blues Scale YouTube
22/04/2017 · Questions on what to add to #Blues scales when improvising, how to form major and minor pentatonics, and playing the right notes at the right time.... Actually the answer might be whenever you want and whichever song you can do. Blues scales perfectly fits with more bluesy songs and blues songs. Find a place with great examples mostly Mainstream Jazz. Not only pentatonic blues scale is used in jazz music. Mixo-lydian also used for dominant7 chords
The Major Blues Scale For Jazz Piano Georgia On My Mind
0:08 Skip to 0 minutes and 8 seconds So now we're going to improvise on the blues structure in C. And to do so, we're going to simplify things by making use of something called the American blues scale.... I really enjoyed your lesson on the blues. I have never heard of using the 6th degree blues over the 1st degree blues. Ex: E over G blues. It is smoother sounding and when using the combination of both blues scales, it has given me so much more flexibility, ideas, and options while soloing over the blues …
Improvising using the American blues scale and jazz quavers
Pentatonic & blues jazz guitar scales The minor and major pentatonic scales play a significant role in jazz. Minor pentatonic can be used over minor chords and certain minor key progressions. how to make a crane with a brio construction set A simple way to gain a new perspective of the fretboard and discover new sounds is to use a pentatonic scale based on a note other than the root. For example, over a C7 chord, instead of playing a C minor pentatonic scale (which would be a typical blues approach), try a G minor pentatonic scale. If we look at each note of the G minor pentatonic scale relative to the key of C, we get the
Jazz Solos Using the Blues Scale reddit.com
To answer your question yes there are scales you can use other than the blues scale to improvise over blues progressions. Some are still very much sounding like the blues while others take the melody in new directions. New directions are not a bad way to go since the blues has been around since before 1900. Listen to what Joe Satriani does with the blues to hear what I mean. how to use bluelab truncheon nutrient meter How to play the Blues. In this video, I go over the process to approach the Blues. Hint…it’s not just playing the Blues scales up and down.
How long can it take?
How to improvise in jazz using blues scales? Any examples
- Pentatonic & Blues Scales SAXOPHONE LESSONS IN SANTA
- Improvising using the American blues scale and jazz quavers
- Jazz Solos Using the Blues Scale reddit.com
- Jazz Scales The Blues Scale Musika Lessons Blog
How To Use Blues Scale In Jazz
I really enjoyed your lesson on the blues. I have never heard of using the 6th degree blues over the 1st degree blues. Ex: E over G blues. It is smoother sounding and when using the combination of both blues scales, it has given me so much more flexibility, ideas, and options while soloing over the blues …
- Let’s use the notes of the minor blues scale, the major blues scale and the extended blues scale to create different types of blues licks of riffs.
- In modern jazz improvisation, many different scale colors are used: diminished, major (including Lydian and other modes), minor, blues scales, dominant 7th scales, pentatonic and hexatonic scales…If you spend time with them you can find lots of musical possibilities.
- A major feature of the blues scale is the use of blue notes; however, since blue notes are considered alternative inflections, a blues scale may be considered to not fit the traditional definition of a scale. At its most basic, a single version of this blues scale is commonly used over all changes (or chords) in a twelve bar blues progression.
- sometimes to indicate blues a little less overtly, i'll use a mixed pentatonic scale. for example, in Bb, i'll use the bottom notes from Bb minor pentatonic and the top notes from Bb major pentatonic. the resulting scale is: Bb, Db, Eb, F, G. you'll notice that this also contains the triad of the IV7 chord: Eb, G, Bb, Db. that means you can use